Thursday, July 28, 2011

"The American Debt Issue"

So America has a ton of debt. And all I read in the newspaper right now is how no one can come to an agreement. And the reason always given is the clashing of political parties. How they have these ideals that are inherent to their party and they cannot stray from such ideals. America is going to default, at least it looks like it right now, pretty assuredly. You would think that would promote a sense of forgetting the parties and coming together to just do what needs to be done. The important thing right now is not making everyone happy, it is fixing a financial crisis. When you, at home, are having financial troubles and are in lots of debt, you aren't thinking about making everyone happy. You are thinking about how to produce revenue and cut spending. Sacrafices and what has to be done.

Also of importance is not just looking at remodeling the system as a solution. We need to think expansion. We need to think of more than just taxes and budgets. You make money by selling a product and providing for yourself. You are cutting spending by utilizing your own resources. We need to think production. We need to think innovation. We will soon no longer be the most technologically advanced country at this rate. We are losing our edge over the world. What is necessary is not just remodeling the current system. It's expanding upon it, remodeling it, and undoing mistakes made before. I look at Obama, and the current system, and I hear a lot of talk, but I see little action. I haven't seen much change since his election.

Funny comments here now. I was speaking with my grandfather and he brought up Obama and Harvard. He asked me if I was going to go there after graduating my undergraduate studies. He said Obama "talks a lot of bull shit" lol (he doesn't speak english very well). I told him he's good at it cause that's what they teach at Harvard. I don't really think that, but it was funny at the time.

Also, the newspaper says the debt solutions keep messing their math up. Haha, read one paragraph up. Seriously, who are we electing? These people should be top notch economists and mathmaticians advising. Our representatives should be well educated and very math capable even on their own. I just can't help but laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment